Job opening: Lead Jamstack Developer
We are looking for a Lead Jamstack Developer to join Whitespace’s technology leadership team. This is a remote-first position that is based within the European Union.
Whitespace is a niche digital product agency. We design and build products for our agency clients and offer a growing range of cloud services. We have a strong focus on privacy, usability and accessibility.
Our core team consists of 13 employees. We also work with a small group of external consultants.
Whitespace is headquartered in Malmö, Sweden.
About the role
As a Lead Jamstack Developer, this is what you would primarily work with:
- Projects for our agency clients.
- Development of Whitespace’s products, including a selection of our open source products.
- Building Whitespace’s processes and culture together with Johan De Geer (Managing Director and co-founder), Linda Plogmark (Project Management and Quality), Fredrik Johansson (Tech Lead and the maker of HTML Preview for Storybook) and Peter Antonius (Head of Design).
You will report directly to Johan De Geer. Check out his profile on Linkedin.
While this is a full time position, you may choose to work less than full time if that suits you better.
To create the impact that we are looking for, you would need
- The willingness to experiment with new technical concepts – and learn from the outcomes.
- Several years experience of Node.
- An interest in building beautiful, privacy-first digital products that meet the highest accessibility standards.
- Fluency in English. Swedish is nice to have, but not a requirement.
In this role, you would frequently work with GraphQL and Gatsby. Previous experience of these technologies is appreciated but not required.
Working at Whitespace
Working at Whitespace you would get:
- A good salary (by Swedish standards).
- Union-negotiated benefits and job security. Whitespace has a collective agreement with the trade union Unionen. Read their summary of your rights as an employee.
- 6 weeks paid vacation each year.
- Optional access to a desk at a Whitespace office – or at a co-working space that you select.
In order to qualify for this position, you need to be based in the European Union. Whitespace do not offer visa sponsorship.
Whitespace is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Please send a plain text e-mail without any appendices to email@example.com. Include any information that you think we may need in order to consider your application.
If you have any questions about this position or the application process, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.